As a Purchaser you are responsible for the supplier management of a specific set of commodities (e.g. electrical motors, castings, ...).
You’ll explore, select, introduce and optimize the supply chain considering the 6 pillars of purchasing: total cost, quality, logistics, products & process development, contracting and sustainability.
- Developing a purchasing strategy by actively participating in (re)design projects for aftermarket products (initiating price requests and evaluating suppliers on commercial, technical and logistical level)
- Collaborating closely with internal stakeholders like Marketing and Engineering on technology roadmaps for the commodities you are responsible for
- Leading negotiations of supply agreements and systematically investigate purchasing synergies
- Conducting market research and benchmarks; considering total cost, value creation and possible risks
- Working closely with the SQA Engineers on the quality performance evaluation of your suppliers and the related improvement actions
- Coordinating the evaluation of the logistical performance of your suppliers and support possible improvement actions